Player Research is seeking a Participant Recruitment Coordinator to help the Player Research team run successful video game playtests in Brighton, UK.
Location: Brighton, UK
Job title: Participant Recruitment Coordinator
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience
Reports to: Leadership team
Closing Date for Applications: * Applications closed *
Player Research are the world’s leading independent video games UX studio, located in the heart of Brighton. We provide user experience and playability evaluations for video games: we help make games more fun. We’ve grown from 2 staff to 14, and set up our second branch in Montreal, Canada, and joined the Keywords family since we started in 2012, and we’re now seeking someone to fill our Participant Recruitment Coordinator role to support our small and passionate research team here in Brighton.
This is a permanent position for a full-time role.
This position is a great opportunity to own the challenges of a growing, passionate company in the video games sector. Reporting directly to the leadership team, you will make this job your own and conduct your own projects to improve our business, and direct your personal growth.
Make sure you check our top reasons to work at Player Research!
The role of the Participant Recruitment Coordinator is to oversee all operational aspects of playtests conducted by Player Research, they are also responsible for management of the Player Research Player Database and overseeing its continued maintenance and growth.
The successful candidate will enjoy this unique opportunity to join our growing video games consultancy in the heart of Brighton. No previous experience recruiting for research is required – applicants should be independent, self motivated individuals seeking a new challenge, and will have many opportunities to own their own projects. This is a great opportunity for applicants seeking personal development and professional experience, or work in video games recruitment/resourcing/research.
You’ll be coordinating the recruitment for our playtests, including:
- Selecting and inviting players to playtests, via email and telephone
- Running informal phone interviews with players to assess their experience with certain games and how well their playing habits fit the player profile specified
- Increasing the size and diversity of our player database, ensuring we have access to as many players as possible, with a wide range of gaming profiles, ages, and interests
- Liaising with the project lead and our developer clients to formalise the player types they’d like you to find
- Helping the researchers prepare our playrooms and devices for playtests
- Organise the editing and delivery of playtest videos to clients
- Improving our internal systems for finding and managing local players
… and you may also touch on the following non-core responsibilities:
- Attending events and conferences as a Player Research ambassador
- Be the lead contact for advertisers and marketers, who we use to grow our reach and the player database
- Improve the quality of our communications, including branding, running events and improving internal documentation
- …and much more. Player Research is a ‘all hands on deck’ company, if you can see something that will be beneficial to Player Research or its employees then we strongly encourage our employees to act independently and take steps to improve the company.
Applicants should be highly self-motivated, seeking experience and responsibility. Interest in video games in general is essential, but knowledge of the game development process is not a requirement.
- A confident people-person who is comfortable talking to people of all ages
- Experience in a customer service or customer-facing role
- Knowledge of and a passion for video games – ideally as many genres and platforms as possible
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritise work
- Strong Microsoft Office/iWork experience (Word, Excel or equivalent)
- Strong organisational and planning skills – an ability to stay on top of multiple concurrent projects, prioritising time and attention where necessary
- A can-do, motivated attitude; looking for personal projects and new experiences
- Independence – a willingness and ability to act and work independently in a busy, fast moving work environment
- Experience of using email mailshots and/or survey tools (Mailchimp/SurveyMonkey/Rekko)
- Experience of using Social Media (Twitter/LinkedIn/Facebook)
- Experience running interviews, designing questionnaires or surveys
- Proficiency with image, motion graphic or video editing software (iMovie, Photoshop, Final Cut)
- Up-to-date knowledge of iOS, Mac OS, Android, games consoles or other systems
- Any other skills or proficiencies relevant to the role (please highlight these in your cover letter/CV)
By joining Player Research, you’re guaranteed to make a HUGE impact, not only facilitating the smooth running and growth of our business, but also in helping us build a fantastic company for us all to work together.
This role is based in Central Brighton, near Brighton train station. The dress code is casual and you will be working in a relaxed atmosphere within our team of 10 passionate people who want to do the best possible work. Salary is competitive and will reflect your experience.
Please submit your CV and covering letter with current salary details and outlining your interest for working with Player Research to email@example.com.
* Applications closed *
Stand out and be passionate. Good luck.