Client Relations Manager, Brighton UK
- Salary: Annual with fixed performance bonus. Non-commission.
- Format: Full-time, permanent
- Location: Brighton, UK, starting remote
- Reports to: Managing Director
We’re seeking someone to manage our client relations in Brighton.
Player Research is the premier partner for games user research.
Across the world, we work with game developers and publishers to realise their creative visions by providing meaningful insight into how real players experience play.
We’re seeking a Client Relations Manager to own communications with our diverse clients, and to own aspects of client project administration and contracts.
This is an established role within our business.
You will take a leading role in helping our agency secure and schedule research projects, working alongside our team of 20 staff across Brighton and Montreal. You’ll build and maintain relationships with our varied clients across the world, becoming their trusted point-of-contact for commissioning research studies – called ‘playtests’ – on their unreleased video games.
We provide an essential ‘game quality evaluation’ service to game developers internationally.
You will pro-actively develop existing client relationships, and identify partnership opportunities among the global development community. You will maintain our established process of legal contracts and finance documentation for each of our projects. You will seek feedback on completed projects to constantly improve our client experience.
Client Relations Managers also construct formal research proposals from our service templates. Each research study is collaboratively designed, with you scheduling and documenting proposals alongside our research team, to meet the client’s research goals.
All-in-all, you’ll be managing our communications with a portfolio of clients, in collaboration with our existing Client Relations Manager peer based in Montreal, Canada. Full training will be given on the software and processes we use.
We don’t believe in ‘the hard sell’.
Player Research has an excellent reputation; our ability to deliver incredible insights is well-established. We don’t believe in the ‘hard sell’. Our Client Relations Managers work to ensure we’re communicating efficiently, confidently, and right when research is needed: winning research projects to keep our teams continually busy.
The role is based in Brighton, UK, with the potential for flexible work once settled into the role. The role would begin remotely, eventually moving to flexible work between our office in central Brighton and working from home. We are open to proposals for flexible working, but are not accepting fully-remote candidates at this time.
Under normal circumstances both national and international travel to bizdev events would be expected, 3-to-5 times per year.
Applicants must have an existing right to work in the United Kingdom. We are unable to sponsor international applicants for this role. We anticipate the chosen applicant starting in late 2020 or early 2021.
Growth and Development
Player Research provides rich opportunities for owning your own initiatives and personal growth. There are many areas for your growth and development in addition to the core responsibilities above.
There are opportunities to explore: delivering marketing and bizdev initiatives; clientbase analysis and reporting; contributing to our business growth strategy; and leading their own ideas for change with budget associated.
We are a passionate and impactful company working on some of the biggest and best video games in the world. For more about our company culture visit our careers page.
- Administrate our sales pipeline, working closely with our game developer clients, your client relations peers, and our research teams
- Manage communications with client-side stakeholders at all levels, including creatives and C-level
- Support our research team in establishing and maintaining a consultative relationship with clients
- Develop rapport with our clientbase and their stakeholders, becoming their point-of-contact for our business
- Grow our network of key contacts within both our existing and prospective clients
- Collaborate with our researchers and client relations peers to build strategies & proposals for individual research projects
- Maintain ongoing tracking of client/project/lead statuses using an existing CRM tool
- Maintain basic tracking of project finances within our established process
- Represent our company at gamedev networking events
- Lead initiatives for marketing/advertising and outreach about Player Research
- Contribute your skills and knowledge to further yourself and the business
- Account management experience in a B2B environment, or equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of project ownership, self-determination and independent working
- Experience in compiling formal administration, proposals or financial documentation
- Very strong interpersonal skills; exceptional communicator both written and verbally
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Interest in video game development
- Knowledge of product/software development process, R&D, or principles of research
- Deeper knowledge of video games, as a consumer, or of game development processes
- Proficiency with any digital tools that will help you in the role, such as CRM (e.g. Salesforce, Pipedrive), accounting (e.g. Xero, NetSuite) or scheduling software (e.g. Deputy, ResourceGuru)
- Existing contacts in the global video games development industry
- 25 days annual leave + New Year period
- Life insurance
- Pension plan
- Income protection plan
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Optional private medical cover
- Bike to work scheme
- Brand new offices in central Brighton
- Office video game library
Please submit your CV and covering letter with salary expectations, outlining your interest for working with Player Research to [email protected]
We are not accepting CVs from agencies at this time.
Closing date for applications is 1st November 2020
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion (or lack thereof), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, parental status, or disability. Player Research doesn’t simply accept differences — we actively celebrate and support it for the benefit of our job applicants, our employees, our services, and our community.
Stand out and be passionate. Good luck.
Your Personal Data
Player Research is strongly committed to protecting your personal information. By sending your CV/Resume, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions and consent to your data being managed and retained in accordance with our data privacy and retention policy.